Trail running

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I finally found an off road trail 'close' to my place. There are plenty of paved ones all over the place, but I could not seem to find anything made of dirt.

My cousin and I were out for a 20 miler the other day and saw a trail coming off of the one we were on. I said 'great now I know where to go to get in some trail work.' Problem was this was my first long run in a while and I quickly lost track of where exactly it was and just focused one finishing.

So today I decided to go hit the dirt trail thinking it was not that far to run to. I started on my way at a decent pace thinking I would come up on it sooner or later, well later was the answer. I put in 5 and had just found it and I had dinner plans for my birthday, but the whole reason I came out was to run the trail. I called my wife and she said to hit the trail and she would come pick up at one at one of the parking areas close to the trail (she's the best). Long story short, I got in a longer run then expected and some trail work. Let the ultra training begin!!!

*note: Im not mad in that picture, I took it with my camera phone. I felt kind of goofey smiling for the camera in the middle of the woods by myslef :)

Posted by Travis at 9:43 PM  

2 comments:

Happy Belated Birthday!

There's nothing like a good trail to run on - I don't know how I'll ever go back to pavement now. I saw a massive turtle on my last run emerging from the swamp, you don't see that on the sidewalk ... at least not generally :)

Jenn said...
12:17 PM  

Happy Birthday! Did you recover faster from your long trail run? I'm taking bets that ya did!

Lora said...
6:44 AM  

Post a Comment