Wetsuit Training

Sunday, August 13, 2006

With Chicago Triathlon just right around the corner I figured I needed to get some more open water training in. I also figured that I needed to get some time in my wetsuit just in case water temperatures are low enough. It went really well. Its crazy to me how boyant those things make you.

I swam at the lake at my mother-in-law's house. My wife, nephew and a few of the dogs came down to watch and play in the water.

Once I got used to the feeling of the suit and how it "floats" the lower 1/2 of my body I swam for around an hour non-stop.


There was a group of people docked at the nearby beach who talked to my wife about what I was doing and she explained. Once I finished my workout and was coming out of the water they all cheered and wished me good luck. Now, if I could figure out a way to get people to cheer for me after every workout....

Posted by Travis at 10:06 PM  

2 comments:

If you'd blog after every workout, we'd cheer you from here!!!!

Lora said...
5:22 PM  

so you were swimming around Otter Lake in your wetsuit? That's priceless :) I'm guessing that you were causing a commotion - "is he scuba diving or what?"

I hope the race is wet suit legal, it'd be a shame to only use it in Otter Lake and around the home.

Jenn said...
11:23 PM  

Post a Comment