10k Goal Achieved!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I shifted my exercising lifestyle a little more then a year ago from power lifting to more cardio based activities. I never imagined I would have run a 30 mile trail race or be 1 week out from a olympic distance tri. When I made this switch I wrote down some goals for shorter distance races with no idea that I was going to enjoy the longer races better. There goals have been hanging out there and I could not just let them go. So I ran a 10k as my last hard workout before I taper.
My goal was 48:00 and since I rarely go out and run fast for 6 miles without having rode my bike first, I was not 100% what I was going to be able to do. Well long story short.... I ran a 44:41! Guess all this training is paying off.

Posted by Travis at 5:49 PM  

2 comments:

Awesome PR! Best of luck on Sunday--and have fun!!

Lora said...
5:33 AM  

Great job! Congrats!

Reen said...
10:14 PM  

Post a Comment