Swim Class

Friday, June 09, 2006

I’ve completed my first week of triathlon swim class. I swam on Tuesday and Thursday. We jumped right in on Tuesday and swam 2400 yards in an hour. To a experienced swimmer that’s not a lot, to me… it’s a lot and fast. The instructor is an Olympic qualifier for triathlon, which is great, because she knows how to wrap it all together. That’s not to say that a swim coach who had not done triathlons could not coach the class, but having someone who has “been there, done that” adds some credibility. The coaching that I did get was welcome. I was told I have a good base, but I need to finish out my pull. Apparently I was stopping short on my pull through, which was making me less efficient. Check out the super high tech picture I found that displays the “proper” way to do it.



In Thursday’s class, I took it easier than I did on Tuesday. I was still a little sore from the previous class and since I have a race this weekend, I needed to just get some laps in and work on my stroke. I only swam about 2/3 of the scheduled workout but still felt like I had improved over the previous session.

I’m really excited about the race this week. My ITband has finally started cooperating consistently and my run times have all been under that 8 min/mile pace even on bricks, so hopefully I can pull it all together for a good start to the season.

Posted by Travis at 9:00 AM  

1 comments:

Good luck at Wolf Creek. Bring back some pics! :)

Lora said...
5:07 PM  

Post a Comment