Off to Mt. Hood

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am pumped!  Tomorrow I fly out to Portland then drive down to Mt. Hood for the Mt Hood Pacific Crest Trail Ultramarathon Scott McQueeney Memorial Run - maybe the longest name for an ultra :) .  I have to pack all of my camping gear in a suitcase for the  flight, which just seems funny, but seems like the best way to get it all out there.  I'll pick up a rental car and cruise down to the Clackamas Lake campground and get all set up.  Then probably just relax for the night.  I know there are other arriving tomorrow too, so I should have some company.

As far as how I feel, mentally I feel ready to take this on and really push hard.  Physically, I have a small calf strain and an almost recovered sprained ankle, so I don't think either will hold me back from doing well.  I could have done without the ankle being rolled, but it did keep me in check and forced me to rest.

I plan on a nice easy pace on the way out.  I'll have my camera with me so I can get some pictures of what looks to be some beautiful views (like that pic below).  Carrying a camera might be a bit of an annoyance, but with the baby on the way, I don't know the next time I will be able to travel somewhere like this for a race for a while, so I think it will be totally worth it.  Once I get to the turn around, I will just drop the camera off for the returning drop bags.  Then work on picking up the pace for a good finish.

I'll be doing a little mobile posting from my phone pre and post race so some small update here and there, so check back.

On a side note, Congrats to my friends that ran the Vermont 100 this past weekend.  Way to go Julie, Ryan, and Sherpa John. You guys are awesome!!!

Enjoy your weekends!!!!

Posted by Travis at 10:10 AM  

3 comments:

GOOD LUCK!

Have fun, be safe and run smart!

Jenn said...
1:13 AM  

Mt. Hood looks like a fun place for a romp! Road trips to races are so fun...good luck out there...be safe and enjoy the miles of trails :-)

Ryan said...
10:18 PM  

Enjoy your time on Mt Hood! It is such a beautiful mountain.

home health

Anonymous said...
6:04 PM  

Post a Comment